• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Built Unknown

Donna Kay | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Donna Kay

The Donna Kay is a shrimp boat that ran aground near the tip of Cape San Blas, on the western side. It’s unknown how it got there with some speculating that the boat pulled itself free from its...

Dr. Beal's Shell Museum | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Dr. Beal’s Shell Museum

Dr. James Hartley Beal As described on the historic marker outside Dr. Beal’s former residence and shell museum, Dr. James Hartley Beal was an influential pharmacist, chemist, lawyer, educator...

Sears House | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Sears House

This house was the filming location for many Sears commercials starring Bob Vila, the company’s primary spokesman for its Craftsman brand of tools. Bob Vila is a home improvement host...

George Moody House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

George Moody House

  George Moody, center in the white shirt, relaxes on a porch along with other businessmen in Bunnel, c. mid-1910s. Courtesy of the Flagler County Historical Society George Moody came to Florida from...

The Town of Hershey | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Central Hershey

Central Hershey Milton Snavely Hershey, the founder of The Hershey Company, first visited Cuba in January 1916. He fell in love with the country and its people, describing the country as an eternal...

Lundy's Cave | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lucky Lundy’s Cave

Flashlights illuminate the dark passages of Lundy’s Cave Lundy’s Cave was a show cave that was a byproduct of an attempt to search for money that was said to have been thrown into a...

Frontón Jai Alai | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Ruins of Cuba: Frontón Jai Alai

  Frontón Jai Alai “El Palacio de los Gritos”, 1904 Jai alai was brought over to Cuba in 1898 by the Basques, the indigenous people of the Basque Country in Spain. On May 7, 1901, the...

Moncrief Road Cemeteries | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Moncrief Road Cemeteries

  Abraham Lincoln Lewis, founder of the Afro-American Life Insurance Company Memorial Cemetery is located at the corner of Moncrief Road and Edgewood. It was established in 1909 by Leo Benedict, a...

Buffalo Soldier's House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Buffalo Soldier’s House

  The 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment at the Second Battle of Fort Wagner, July 18, 1863 Located in the historic neighborhood of Brooklyn, this home was once home to one of the many Buffalo...

Jacksonville Terminal Passenger Tunnels | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jacksonville Terminal Passenger Tunnels

  Postcard depicting Jacksonville Terminal, c. 1920s As early as 1890, Henry Flagler, owner of the Florida East Coast Railway began purchasing property, mostly marshland just west of Jacksonville. In...

Moore Haven Downtown Historic District | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Moore Haven Downtown Historic District

  A satellite view of the historic district in 2003. The Moore Haven Down Historic District was designated on the National Register of Historic Places on October 12, 1995. The district runs from 3...

Atlantic Shores Hospital | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Atlantic Shores Hospital

  The exterior of the hospital shortly before demolition Atlantic Shores Hospital was a behavioral health center in Fort Lauderdale that provided residential treatment to adults and adolescents...

Hollywood Bread Building | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Hollywood Bread Building

  Hollywood Bread’s originator and founder, Eleanor Roth Hansberry Hollywood Bread’s origin and history are debated as much of it can’t be substantiated. Its founder, Eleanor Roth...

Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School | Photo © 2018 Tosh

Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School

  Hungerford Highschool yearbook photo taken in 1965 On August 15, 1887, the town of Eatonville was incorporated, making it one of the first self-governing all-black townships in the United States...

Port of the Islands Hotel | Photo © 2018 Bullet

Port of the Islands Hotel

Gulf American Land Corporation Not to be confused with the Port of the Islands Adventure Resort which is still in operation, the Port of the Islands Hotel located to the North of Tamiami Trail was...

Old Trilby Colored Cemetery | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Trilby Colored Cemetery

  Some of the few graves that are clean Located in the small town of Trilby, down a dirt road and set back in the woods of a residential neighborhood is a small cemetery mostly known only to locals...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer