• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1960's Built

West Third Dental Care Center | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

West Third Dental Care Center

Dr. William M. Fleischmann The West Third Dental Care Center in Jacksonville was a dental clinic situated just north of Henry J. Klutho Park, between the Horace Drew Mansion and the former...

Miami Pepsi Company Bottling Plant | Photo © 2021, Larry Shane

Miami Pepsi Company Bottling Plant

A newspaper clipping found by Jeff Carowitz of Houston Mod, who recognized the building and then found a newspaper clipping from the day of the plant’s groundbreaking ceremony. Located in...

Regency Square Mall | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Regency Square Mall

  Patrons at Regency Square Mall on its opening day March 2, 1967. Florida Times-Union Opening on March 2, 1967, the Regency Square Mall in Jacksonville initially featured three anchor stores:...

Placid Tower | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Placid Tower

  Postcard featuring the Placid Tower, circa 1960s When Earnest Oakley Hunt moved to Orlando from Colorado in 1938, he dreamed of building an observation tower. After relocating to Sebring in 1947...

Fort Lauderdale Stadium | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Fort Lauderdale Stadium

Fort Lauderdale Stadium opened in 1962 as the spring training stadium for the New York Yankees. Fort Lauderdale Stadium opened in 1962 and was the New York Yankees spring training stadium since its...

Wild Waters | Photo © 2018 @mickshutter

Wild Waters

Postcard for Silver Springs Wild Waters was a water park located in Silver Springs, Florida, and was the sister park of Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, the site of Florida’s oldest commercial...

PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal

  PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal, 1977. In early-1966, Occidental Agricultural Chemicals Corporation opened a $3 million automated phosphate rock, triple superphosphate, and diammonium phosphate...

Coral Gables Bunker | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Coral Gables Bunker

  The bunker is slightly hidden off a trail in the woods Since the mid-1970s, this structure has been a popular hangout, but very few know the history behind it, only referring to it as a ‘bomb...

Dragon Point Mansion | Photo © 2013 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Dragon Point Mansion

  Rowers pass by Annie the Dragon, date unknown Located on Merritt Island, the Dragon Point Mansion was built in 1961. The estate featured three fireplaces, wraparound cedar decks, teak parquet...

Glades General Hospital | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Glades General Hospital

The main building was constructed in 1965 Glades General Hospital is a former hospital located in the city of Belle Glade which cared for the residents and agricultural workers living in this rural...

Sail Club Condominium Project | Photo © 2009 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Sail Club Condominium Project

Once a low-income housing complex built in the 1960s, it became the subject of a decade long court battle for ownership of the property. In 2005, 206 mainly elderly investors pitched in $25,000...

Miami Herald Building - Photo by Larry Shane, 2013

Miami Herald Building

  The first edition of the Miami Evening Record was published on September 15, 1903. The newspaper began suffering from server financial difficulties following the recession in 1907. Frank B. Shutts...

AT&T Nuclear Bomb Shelter | Photo © 2013 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

AT&T Nuclear Bomb Shelter

Alfred Easton Poor. Photo from Core77 Constructed in 1967, the 7,700 square-foot bomb shelter was built by AT&T to be used in the event of a nuclear disaster to house five people for up to 30...

Akmio2324 e1480096717784

American Beryllium Company

In 1962, American Beryllium relocated from a nearby building to a new five-building facility at 1600 Tallevast Road, just east of its original location in the former Spindrift facility. From 1962...

Miracle City Mall | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Miracle City Mall

“Dave’s” hot dog stand (pictured above) was the last remaining tenant at the time of the mall’s closure The advent of the human space program in 1961 transformed Titusville in just 10 years from a...

The Glass Bank | Photo Courtesy of the Proper People

The Cocoa Beach Glass Bank

  A postcard depicting the Glass Bank’s original look. Considered by many to have been a Cocoa Beach landmark, The First Federal Savings and Loan Building was constructed in 1961, giving the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer