• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 2000's Abandoned

Cypress Gardens | Photo © Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Cypress Gardens

Cypress Gardens Cypress Gardens opened on January 2, 1936, as a botanical garden planted by Dick Pope Sr. and his wife Julie, billed as Florida’s first commercial tourist theme park. It became...

Grand Bay Hotel

Grand Bay Hotel

Located along Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove, the Grand Bay Hotel resembled a Mesoamerican step-pyramid with traditional European touches and a tropical flair with bougainvillea hanging from the...

Horace Drew Mansion | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Dr. Horace Drew Mansion

Columbus Drew Sr. Columbus Drew was born to British parents, Solomon Drew and Elizabeth Glyuas, on January 6, 1820, in Alexandria, Virginia. He grew up in Washington, D.C. where he earned a law...

Forest Park Head Start School | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Forest Park Head Start School

Forest Park Elementary School, 1950s Forest Park Elementary School was constructed in 1954 located at the corner of Forest and Goodwin Streets in Mixon Town, Jacksonville. The school was one of many...

Stivender House | Photo by William Powell, 2020

Dr. Arthur A. Stivender House

  The Stivender family home, date unknown Arthur Abrehart Stivender was born on June 8, 1842, in Barbour County, Alabama to Duncan Wright Stivender and Margaret Gillie Ann Lee. After her husband died...

Elysium | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Elysium Assisted Living Facility

    The entrance sign of the facility, 2007. Photo by Nomeus, www.flurbex.com Owned by Elysium Group U.S. Holding Inc., the Elysium assisted living facility opened in 1992, though the building was...

Thunderbird Motor Hotel | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Thunderbird Motor Hotel

The iconic Thunderbird Motor Hotel sign once located off the expressway The Thunderbird Motor Hotel opened in 1959 in Arlington, once a growing residential and commercial suburb for the downtown...

Surfside Hotel | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Surfside Hotel

Located in Daytona Beach, the Surfside Hotel was built in 1974 and owned by Bray & Gillespie Inc., a Daytona Beach real-estate company that at one time owned dozens of beachside hotels, including...

Jarazic Park | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jarazic Park

A covered structure with a sign reading “KIDDIE RIDES” hanging above it. Jarazic Park was a miniature golf course and batting cage attraction operating in the 1990s. Located in Navarre...

The Town of Hershey | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Central Hershey

Central Hershey Milton Snavely Hershey, the founder of The Hershey Company, first visited Cuba in January 1916. He fell in love with the country and its people, describing the country as an eternal...

Rader Memorial United Methodist Church | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Rader Memorial United Methodist Church

  The building has been boarded up since its closure in 2007. The Rader Memorial United Methodist Church was founded in 1923 and is one of the oldest congregations in Miami-Dade County. The church in...

Desert Inn | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Desert Inn

Jackass Crossing The Desert Inn dates back to the 1800s when it was just a small depot and trading post for local cowboys and lumberjacks. The current building was built in 1898. At the time, there...

Northwood Medical Center | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Northwood Medical Center

  Built in the 1980s, the building remained operational for around 30 years. The Northwood Medical Center once located at 2601 N Flagler Drive was built in 1981. The office building contained many...

House of Familicide | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

House of Familicide

  The home was built in the 1920s on a large plot of land in East Palatka This house in East Palatka is rumored to have been the site of a familicide when the father lost his job and fearing he could...

Nichols Phosphate Mine | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Nichols Phosphate Mine

  Nichols plant’s wet bin where rail cars bring in the wet phosphate, 1910s – State Archives of Florida The town of Nichols was constructed in 1905 by the Nichols Phosphate Mining Company...

11133229115 95fe46ee9f z

G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital

  Major George Ola in a Stearman biplane trainer over Carlstrom Field, 1942 The G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital is a former psychiatric hospital located on the grounds of the former Carlstrom...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer