• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1970's Abandoned

Sulphur Springs Tower | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedfl.com

Sulphur Springs Water Tower

Sulphur Springs Hotel and Apartments Constructed in 1927 under the supervision of Grover Poole, the Sulphur Springs Water Tower found its origin as a creation of Grover Poole, serving the purpose of...

Suwannee Springs | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Suwannee Springs

The first Suwannee Springs Hotel. Memories of Suwannee Springs Florida Suwannee Springs is the site of natural springs and was a historic mineral spring tourist attraction and hotel in Suwannee...

Island Grove Methodist Church | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Island Grove Methodist Church

  The church was built around 1885 with some of the original pews built out of tree stumps. The small town of Island Grove was established in 1882 by W.J. Moore and built the first post office there...

Jacksonville Terminal Passenger Tunnels | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jacksonville Terminal Passenger Tunnels

Jacksonville Terminal/Union Station As early as 1890, Henry Flagler, owner of the Florida East Coast Railway began purchasing property, mostly marshland just west of Jacksonville. In 1894, Flagler...

Old St. Anastasia Catholic School | Photo © 2014 www.abandonedfl.com

Old St. Anastasia Catholic School

St. Anastasia Parish Although it had been organized just three years earlier, in 1914 the small Roman Catholic parish of St. Anastasia decided to build an impressive parochial school to serve the...

Old Melbourne High School | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Melbourne High School

Melbourne High School The old Henegar High School building was built in 1919 and the first high school graduating class graduated on May 21, 1921, with 13 students. At that time, there were no paved...

Public School Number Four | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Public School Number Four

  Public School Number Four Also known as Annie Lytle School, Public School Number Four was originally a small wooden schoolhouse built in 1891 called Riverside Park School. Due to a population...

Nike Missile IFC Site HM-40, B Battery | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Nike Missile IFC Site HM-40, B Battery

  On August 30, 1961, Russian Premier Nikita Khrushchev announced the end of a three-year moratorium on nuclear testing and Soviet tests recommenced on September 1st, initiating a series of tests...

Mount Dora Catacombs | Photo © 2006 Richard Stayton

The Mount Dora Catacombs

Pat Frank’s “Alas, Babylon” first published in 1959 Alas, Babylon was written in 1959 by Pat Frank and was one of the first apocalyptic novels of the nuclear age. It deals with the...

TampaCattleDocks 11

Port of Tampa Cattle Docks

Photo Credit: Courtesy of the Florida State Library Archives, 1920s – Cattle in the Tampa area The old cattle docks sit abandoned on the Port of Tampa Property and access can only be granted...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer