• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - National Register of Historic Places

Cypress Gardens | Photo © Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Cypress Gardens

Cypress Gardens Cypress Gardens opened on January 2, 1936, as a botanical garden planted by Dick Pope Sr. and his wife Julie, billed as Florida’s first commercial tourist theme park. It became...

First Church of Christ, Scientist | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

First Church of Christ, Scientist

First Church of Christ, Scientist is a historic church building located in Miami. It was built in 1925 for the religious denomination of Christian Science and designed by one of the most prominent...

Panama Grammar School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Panama Grammar School

Panama Grammar School opened in September 1914. Source: Images of America, Panama City The Panama Grammar School was built in 1914 as Panama City High School and was Bay County’s first modern...

Kenilworth Lodge | Photo © Sergio Alejandro, www.sergioisevil.co

Kenilworth Lodge

  George Eugene Sebring The Kenilworth Lodge is a historic hotel built by George Eugene Sebring in the town of Sebring, Florida, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 15...

Desert Inn | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Desert Inn

Jackass Crossing The Desert Inn dates back to the 1800s when it was just a small depot and trading post for local cowboys and lumberjacks. The current building was built in 1898. At the time, there...

Old Dixie Highway

Old Dixie Highway

In the small town of Espanola lies a 10-mile stretch of road known as Old Brick Road which was once part of the original Dixie Highway. The Dixie Highway was the brainchild of Carl G. Fisher of the...

DSC 6922

Rochelle School

  Students and teachers at Martha Perry Institute, 1901. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida. The community of Rochelle was originally known as Perry Junction, named after Governor Madison...

A Glorious Church | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

A Glorious Church

  First Baptist Church, 1920s. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida. The First Baptist Church congregation built its first church at the corner of E. Tarpon and Ring Avenues. Dr. Dee Diamandis...

Jackson Rooming House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jackson Rooming House

  The building has a large number of supports to prevent it from collapsing The Jackson Rooming House located in Tampa began as a six-room cottage built by Moses and Sarah Jackson in 1901. Due to its...

Opa-locka Administration Building | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Opa-locka Company Administration Building

  Glenn Curtiss, 1909 Glenn Curtiss, “The Father of Naval Aviation” The city of Opa-locka in Miami-Dade County is the brainchild of Glenn Curtiss, known by many as the “Father of...

Moore Haven Downtown Historic District | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Moore Haven Downtown Historic District

  A satellite view of the historic district in 2003. The Moore Haven Down Historic District was designated on the National Register of Historic Places on October 12, 1995. The district runs from 3...

El Jobean Grand Hotel | Photo © 20122 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

El Jobean Hotel

The Town of Southland The El Jobean Hotel is a historic hotel built in the town of El Jobean, located in what was once part of Manatee County. The area located on the northeast bank of the Myakka...

Lee School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lee School

A postcard of the Lee School, including the auditorium which is shown to the left. The Lee School, later known as the Lee Adult Education Center, is a historic school in Leesburg. The first schools...

Marion S. Whaley Citrus Packing House | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Marion S. Whaley Citrus Packing House

Part of the ceiling has collapsed, spilling boxes that were being stored up there. Marion S. Whaley was a prominent local fruit farmer with many groves located around Rockledge, where he developed...

Saint Luke Baptist Church | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Saint Luke Baptist Church

  The church years before its destruction. Photo Credit: Jim Dourney, 2015 Saint Luke Baptist Church, also known as Saint Luke Missionary Baptist Church, was a historic church located in Marianna. It...

Green Gables | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Green Gables

The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016 Green Gables, also known as the Wells House, is a historic house built by William T. Wells in Melbourne along the Indian River...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer