• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Demolished

Cypress Gardens | Photo © Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Cypress Gardens

Cypress Gardens Cypress Gardens opened on January 2, 1936, as a botanical garden planted by Dick Pope Sr. and his wife Julie, billed as Florida’s first commercial tourist theme park. It became...

Norman Brothers Produce | Photo by Sergio Alejandro, www.sergioisevil.co

Norman Brothers Produce

The history of the Norman Brothers Produce dates back more than a half-century with brothers William “Billy” and L. J. Norman who owned the adjacent farmland. In 1974, they opened a small...

Kellogg Mansion | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Kellogg Mansion

Edward Frischkorn W. K. Kellogg Although the Kellogg Mansion is well known to have been owned by W. K. Kellogg, founder of the Kellogg Cereal Company, he was actually not the first owner nor would he...

Grand Bay Hotel

Grand Bay Hotel

Located along Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove, the Grand Bay Hotel resembled a Mesoamerican step-pyramid with traditional European touches and a tropical flair with bougainvillea hanging from the...

Forest Park Head Start School | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Forest Park Head Start School

Forest Park Elementary School, 1950s Forest Park Elementary School was constructed in 1954 located at the corner of Forest and Goodwin Streets in Mixon Town, Jacksonville. The school was one of many...

Elysium | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Elysium Assisted Living Facility

    The entrance sign of the facility, 2007. Photo by Nomeus, www.flurbex.com Owned by Elysium Group U.S. Holding Inc., the Elysium assisted living facility opened in 1992, though the building was...

Donna Kay | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Donna Kay

The Donna Kay is a shrimp boat that ran aground near the tip of Cape San Blas, on the western side. It’s unknown how it got there with some speculating that the boat pulled itself free from its...

William Camp House | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

William Camp House

William Nelson Camp Born September 17, 1847, William Nelson Camp was an innovator and a brilliant businessman having many timber interests in Virginia and even having built a hydroelectric power...

Lee County Mansion | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lee County Mansion

The mansion was built in the 2000s and last sold in 2002, featuring 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and a three-car garage. This mansion in Lee County was a victim of the subprime mortgage crisis, a...

First Baptist Church, Port St. Joe | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

First Baptist Church, Port St. Joe

The First Baptist Church at the corner of Monument Avenue and 3rd Street First Baptist Church of Port St. Joe was founded in 1923 by a group of 12 people with a shared vision, “to glorify God...

Deauville Beach Resort | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Deauville Beach Resort

The Deauville The original hotel was constructed in 1926 by Joe Elsener, a real estate investor and one of Carl Fisher’s top salesmen. The Deauville Casino was a luxurious casino and beach club...

Florida Hospital Oceanside | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Florida Hospital Oceanside

  The power remained on for over a year, long after the hospital was shut down. Florida Hospital Oceanside was a hospital that served the city of Ormond Beach. The hospital specialized in...

Desert Inn | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Desert Inn

Jackass Crossing The Desert Inn dates back to the 1800s when it was just a small depot and trading post for local cowboys and lumberjacks. The current building was built in 1898. At the time, there...

Northwood Medical Center | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Northwood Medical Center

  Built in the 1980s, the building remained operational for around 30 years. The Northwood Medical Center once located at 2601 N Flagler Drive was built in 1981. The office building contained many...

Old Reddick High School | Photo © 2013 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Reddick High School

  Students play basketball on the school’s clay court, 1926-27 Designed by A.C. Price, the old Reddick school was first designed with the idea of being constructed out of flint rock. But when...

Fort Lauderdale Stadium | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Fort Lauderdale Stadium

Fort Lauderdale Stadium opened in 1962 as the spring training stadium for the New York Yankees. Fort Lauderdale Stadium opened in 1962 and was the New York Yankees spring training stadium since its...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer