• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Burned Down

West Third Dental Care Center | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

West Third Dental Care Center

Dr. William M. Fleischmann The West Third Dental Care Center in Jacksonville was a dental clinic situated just north of Henry J. Klutho Park, between the Horace Drew Mansion and the former...

Stivender House | Photo by William Powell, 2020

Dr. Arthur Stivender House

Arthur A. Stivender Arthur Abrehart Stivender was born on June 8, 1842, in Barbour County, Alabama to Duncan Wright Stivender and Margaret Gillie Ann Lee. After her husband died in 1860, Margaret and...

Florida Furniture Industries | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Florida Furniture Industries

  1940s aerial view of the Wilson Cypress Company and Florida Furniture Industries. State Archives of Florida. Florida Furniture Industries’ origins date back to October 15, 1891, when Henry S...

Big Bend Jai Alai Fronton | Photo © 2011, www.abandonedfl.com

Big Bend Jai Alai Fronton

Short History of Jai Alai Big Bend Jai Alai is a relic of what is now considered a rather obscure sport, was once the fastest spectator sport in the world. Jai alai started in the Basque region of...

Monroe Station | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Monroe Station

Monroe Station Built in 1928, Monroe Station was located on the Tamiami Trail, halfway between Miami and Naples, and was one of six waystations established by Barron Collier to service motorists...

Moulton & Kyle Funeral Home | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Moulton & Kyle Funeral Home

Calvin Oak, Undertaker Located near downtown Jacksonville, the history of the city’s first funeral parlor, the Moulton & Kyle Funeral Home, can be traced back all the way to 1851. At the...

V. Guerra, Diaz & Company | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

V. Guerra, Diaz Cigar Company

V. Guerra, Diaz Cigar Company Later known as the V. Guerreri Cigar Factory, this three-story 27,462 square foot cigar factory located at 201 N 26th Street in East Tampa was built in 1899 for the...

Castle Hill Mansion | Photo by sfldp, 2012

Castle Hill Mansion

Castle Hill Mansion, 1980s. Photo courtesy of Wes Smith, son of Larry and Charlene Smith, the last owners of the property North of John’s Lake in Clermont is a wooded area known as “Castle Hill”...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer