• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Educational

Forest Park Head Start School | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Forest Park Head Start School

Forest Park Elementary School, 1950s Forest Park Elementary School was constructed in 1954 located at the corner of Forest and Goodwin Streets in Mixon Town, Jacksonville. The school was one of many...

Panama Grammar School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Panama Grammar School

Panama Grammar School opened in September 1914. Source: Images of America, Panama City The Panama Grammar School was built in 1914 as Panama City High School and was Bay County’s first modern...

Academy of Arts & Minds | Photo by sergioisevil

Academy of Arts & Minds

  The main lobby of the high school. Photo courtesy of sergioisevil Bridgeprep Academy of Arts and Minds Charter High School (BAAM) was a performing and visual arts public charter...

DSC 6922

Rochelle School

  Students and teachers at Martha Perry Institute, 1901. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida. The community of Rochelle was originally known as Perry Junction, named after Governor Madison...

Summit Charter School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Summit Charter School

Central Florida Christian School The old Summit Charter School was built in 1983 as the Central Florida Christian Church for the Citadel of Faith and Freedom. The Citadel of Faith and Freedom was...

Old Reddick High School | Photo © 2013 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Reddick High School

  Students play basketball on the school’s clay court, 1926-27 Designed by A.C. Price, the old Reddick school was first designed with the idea of being constructed out of flint rock. But when...

Lee School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lee School

A postcard of the Lee School, including the auditorium which is shown to the left. The Lee School, later known as the Lee Adult Education Center, is a historic school in Leesburg. The first schools...

Old Weirsdale School | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Weirsdale Elementary School

  The school was used in the filming of Jeepers Creepers The Old Weirsdale School opened in 1923 to serve students in grades 1-12 from East Lake Weir, Weirsdale, and the surrounding areas. The...

Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School | Photo © 2018 Tosh

Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School

  Hungerford Highschool yearbook photo taken in 1965 On August 15, 1887, the town of Eatonville was incorporated, making it one of the first self-governing all-black townships in the United States...

Old Pahokee High School | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Pahokee High School

  Pahokee High School, c. 1940s. Courtesy of the States Archives of Florida Despite the massive destruction caused by the nameless but disastrous Hurricane of 1928, some buildings did manage to...

Public School No. 8 | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Public School No. 8

  The school has been closed since 2005 Known today as Public School No. 8, it first opened its doors in 1909 originally as Graded Springfield School. Though it’s uncertain who designed the building...

Old St. Anastasia Catholic School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old St. Anastasia Catholic School

The top floor of the building which housed the school’s cafeteria which also functioned as an auditorium I usually research and write these posts, but I found there wasn’t much to add as...

Old Melbourne High School | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Melbourne High School

Melbourne High School The old Henegar High School building was built in 1919 and the first high school graduating class graduated on May 21, 1921, with 13 students. At that time, there were no paved...

Pleasant Ridge School | Photo © 2009 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Pleasant Ridge School

Established as the town of Woodley in 1890s, the name was changed to Quay in 1902 in honor of Senator Matthew S. Quay, who had introduced a Senate bill to widen and deepen the Intercoastal Waterway...

South Shore Hospital | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

South Shore Hospital

A surgery room in the emergency wing Located at the corner of Alton Road and W 6th St, South Shore Hospital and Medical Center was built in 1967 to serve the surrounding area. By 2002, the hospital...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer