• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Miami

Miami Science Museum | Photo © Sergio Alejandro

Miami Science Museum

The Kitschy Little Miami Science Museum The kitschy little Miami Science Museum opened in 1960 and served as a staple school field trip destination for 55 years. Founded in 1949 by The Junior League...

Norman Brothers Produce | Photo by Sergio Alejandro, www.sergioisevil.co

Norman Brothers Produce

The history of the Norman Brothers Produce dates back more than a half-century with brothers William “Billy” and L. J. Norman who owned the adjacent farmland. In 1974, they opened a small...

First Church of Christ, Scientist | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

First Church of Christ Scientist

First Church of Christ, Scientist is a historic church building located in Miami. It was built in 1925 for the religious denomination of Christian Science and designed by one of the most prominent...

Grand Bay Hotel

Grand Bay Hotel

Located along Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove, the Grand Bay Hotel resembled a Mesoamerican step-pyramid with traditional European touches and a tropical flair with bougainvillea hanging from the...

777 International Mall | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

777 International Mall

The Miami Theatre, c. 1947 Located between such historic structures such as the Shoreland Arcade and the Alfred I. Dupont Building, one wouldn’t think that a dilapidated shopping mall was...

North Dade Detention Center | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

North Dade Detention Center

  The facility has been heavily vandalized and has suffered a considerable amount of storm damage. The North Dade Detention Center located in Miami opened in 1974 as part of a master plan involving...

Sears House | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Sears House

This house was the filming location for many Sears commercials starring Bob Vila, the company’s primary spokesman for its Craftsman brand of tools. Bob Vila is a home improvement host...

Burdines Department Store | Photo by sergioisevil

Burdines Department Store

  Roddey Burdine, founder of Burdines Burdines was a department store chain operating in Florida with its flagship store located in downtown Miami. Its origin dates back to 1897 when Henry Payne and...

Lincoln Memorial Park | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lincoln Memorial Park

Kelsey Leroy Pharr Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery in Miami is considered by many to be Florida’s most significant predominantly African-American cemetery. Its roots date back to 1914, when Kelsey...

Lula H. Hattersley House | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lula H. Hattersley House

  The house has sat on the corner lot by Lummus Park for decades Built in 1914, this home was once located at 428 NW 4th Street in Miami and originally owned by Lula H. Hattersley. The original lot...

Miami Women's Club | Photo © Bullet 2015, www.abandonedfl.com

Miami Women’s Club

  Miami Women’s Club, c. 1940. Courtesy of HistoryMiami Museum The Married Ladies’ Afternoon Club was organized in 1900, just four years after Miami was incorporated, and was presided...

Wings Aviation Services | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Wings Aviation Services

Established in 1992, Wings Aviation was a business located in Building 903 at Miami International Airport and repaired aircraft and heavy equipment. The services they provided are described below:...

Sunrise Cinemas Intracoastal 8 | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Sunrise Cinemas Intracoastal 8

Located at the Intracoastal Mall in North Miami Beach, it opened in the late-1980s as an eight-screen movie theater. Despite renovations in later years, customers complained of it being outdated and...

Miami Herald Building - Photo by Larry Shane, 2013

Miami Herald Building

  The first edition of the Miami Evening Record was published on September 15, 1903. The newspaper began suffering from server financial difficulties following the recession in 1907. Frank B. Shutts...

Holloman Park Methodist Episcopal Church | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Holloman Park Methodist Episcopal Church

Known as Holloman Park Methodist Episcopal Church, it was constituted in 1924 by members of Riverside M.E. Church and Trinity M.E. Church. They organized and held services in a small frame building...

Temple of Yahweh | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Yahweh Education Center

Hulon Mitchell Jr. Yahweh ben Yahweh, born Hulon Mitchell Jr., was the founder, and leader of the Nation of Yahweh, a black supremacist new religious movement founded in 1979 and headquartered in...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer