• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Southern Florida

Norman Brothers Produce | Photo by Sergio Alejandro, www.sergioisevil.co

Norman Brothers Produce

The history of the Norman Brothers Produce dates back more than a half-century with brothers William “Billy” and L. J. Norman who owned the adjacent farmland. In 1974, they opened a small...

First Church of Christ, Scientist | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

First Church of Christ, Scientist

First Church of Christ, Scientist is a historic church building located in Miami. It was built in 1925 for the religious denomination of Christian Science and designed by one of the most prominent...

Grand Bay Hotel

Grand Bay Hotel

Located along Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove, the Grand Bay Hotel resembled a Mesoamerican step-pyramid with traditional European touches and a tropical flair with bougainvillea hanging from the...

Elysium | Photo © 2007 Nomeus, www.flurbex.com

Elysium Assisted Living Facility

    The entrance sign of the facility, 2007. Photo by Nomeus, www.flurbex.com Owned by Elysium Group U.S. Holding Inc., the Elysium assisted living facility opened in 1992, though the building was...

Miami Pepsi Company Bottling Plant | Photo © 2021, Larry Shane

Miami Pepsi Company Bottling Plant

A newspaper clipping found by Jeff Carowitz of Houston Mod, who recognized the building and then found a newspaper clipping from the day of the plant’s groundbreaking ceremony. Located in...

777 International Mall | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

777 International Mall

The Miami Theatre, c. 1947 Located between such historic structures such as the Shoreland Arcade and the Alfred I. Dupont Building, one wouldn’t think that a dilapidated shopping mall was...

White House Inn | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

White House Inn

One of the motel’s higher end suites which was used extensively in their marketing. The White House Inn, also known as White House Inn on the Bay, was a motel located in North Miami, built in...

North Dade Detention Center | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

North Dade Detention Center

  The facility has been heavily vandalized and has suffered a considerable amount of storm damage. The North Dade Detention Center located in Miami opened in 1974 as part of a master plan involving...

Sears House | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Sears House

This house was the filming location for many Sears commercials starring Bob Vila, the company’s primary spokesman for its Craftsman brand of tools. Bob Vila is a home improvement host...

Deauville Beach Resort | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Deauville Beach Resort

The Deauville The original hotel was constructed in 1926 by Joe Elsener, a real estate investor and one of Carl Fisher’s top salesmen. The Deauville Casino was a luxurious casino and beach club...

Burdines Department Store | Photo by sergioisevil

Burdines Department Store

  Roddey Burdine, founder of Burdines Burdines was a department store chain operating in Florida with its flagship store located in downtown Miami. Its origin dates back to 1897 when Henry Payne and...

Rader Memorial United Methodist Church | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Rader Memorial United Methodist Church

  The building has been boarded up since its closure in 2007. The Rader Memorial United Methodist Church was founded in 1923 and is one of the oldest congregations in Miami-Dade County. The church in...

Silver Green Cemetery | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Silver Green Cemetery

Gaston Drake, Lumber Magnate Silver Green Cemetery, called Carver or Princeton Colored Cemetery in some records, has a history that traces back to Gaston Drake, founder of the community of Princeton...

Lincoln Memorial Park | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lincoln Memorial Park

Kelsey Leroy Pharr Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery in Miami is considered by many to be Florida’s most significant predominantly African-American cemetery. Its roots date back to 1914, when Kelsey...

Northwood Medical Center | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Northwood Medical Center

  Built in the 1980s, the building remained operational for around 30 years. The Northwood Medical Center once located at 2601 N Flagler Drive was built in 1981. The office building contained many...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer