• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Northern Florida

Dutton House | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

John Dutton House

The Dutton House The John Dutton House is located in the West Deland Residential District, a historic district in Deland, Florida, added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 20...

Mt. Calvary Baptist Church | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Mt. Calvary Baptist Church

  1949 Sanborn Insurance Map for Jacksonville, Florida. Library of Congress The Mt. Calvary Baptist Church is a church located in the historically black neighborhood of Brooklyn. Originally known as...

Hampton Springs Hotel | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Hampton Springs Hotel

  Postcard for the Hampton Springs Hotel, c. 1920s These ruins are all that remain of the Hampton Springs Hotel, a massive resort, and health spa. Back in the 19th and 20th centuries, Florida gained...

Old Reddick High School | Photo © 2013 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Reddick High School

  Students play basketball on the school’s clay court, 1926-27 Designed by A.C. Price, the old Reddick school was first designed with the idea of being constructed out of flint rock. But when...

W.P. Sumner Company | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

W. P. Sumner Company

  A portion of the building was used as cold storage Once part of Jacksonville’s Ward Street red-light district, this brick structure was constructed in 1910 for the W.P. Sumner Company. The...

James Ross Mellon House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

James Ross Mellon House

James Ross Mellon James Ross Mellon was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on January 14, 1846, son of Judge Thomas Mellon who is known for being the founder of Mellon Bank and patriarch of the wealthy...

Fort Bengali | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Fort Bengali

Leon “Buddy” Hough Located in Saint Augustine on State Road 16, Fort Bengali was first opened in the late-1950s by Leon Hamilton “Buddy” Hough as the “Oldest...

Naval Air Station Lee Field | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Naval Air Station Lee Field

View of a control tower at the naval base, 1962. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida On September 11, 1940, the U.S. Navy opened Naval Air Station Lee Field in honor of Ensign Benjamin Lee who...

The Foam Dome Home | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Foam Dome Home

  Photo by Mark Cohen, 1970s Nestled amongst the pine trees, bamboo, and fern-filled forest near Santa Fe College in Gainesville, the dome house was envisioned, designed, and constructed by Mark...

Florida Furniture Industries | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Florida Furniture Industries

  1940s aerial view of the Wilson Cypress Company and Florida Furniture Industries. State Archives of Florida. Florida Furniture Industries’ origins date back to October 15, 1891, when Henry S...

Suwannee River Store | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Suwannee River Store

  Suwannee River Store, 1928. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory Ellaville was once a thriving mill town centered around the sawmill of the Drew & Bucki Lumber Company. The town was...

Hillman Bridge

Hillman Bridge

  Hillman Bridge, 1927. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory Hillman Bridge is a through truss bridge located in the small town of Ellaville, once a thriving sawmill and manufacturing center...

The Neff House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Neff House

  Neff House, early-1970s. Jacksonville Historical Society Nestled in the woods on Fort George Island, the Neff House was constructed by local architect Mellen Clark Greeley, once considered to be...

Old Weirsdale School | Photo © 2011 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Old Weirsdale Elementary School

  The school was used in the filming of Jeepers Creepers The Old Weirsdale School opened in 1923 to serve students in grades 1-12 from East Lake Weir, Weirsdale, and the surrounding areas. The...

Genovar's Hall | Photo © 2019 Bullet

Genovar’s Hall

  The Lenape Bar and Wynn Hotel, date unknown Genovar’s Hall was built by Sebastian Genovar in 1895 as a grocery store. It is located in the LaVilla neighborhood in Jacksonville and was...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer