• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Jacksonville

Naval Air Station Lee Field | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Naval Air Station Lee Field

View of a control tower at the naval base, 1962. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida On September 11, 1940, the U.S. Navy opened Naval Air Station Lee Field in honor of Ensign Benjamin Lee who...

The Neff House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Neff House

  Neff House, early-1970s. Jacksonville Historical Society Nestled in the woods on Fort George Island, the Neff House was constructed by local architect Mellen Clark Greeley, once considered to be...

Genovar's Hall | Photo © 2019 Bullet

Genovar’s Hall

  The Lenape Bar and Wynn Hotel, date unknown Genovar’s Hall was built by Sebastian Genovar in 1895 as a grocery store. It is located in the LaVilla neighborhood in Jacksonville and was...

PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal

  PotashCorp Phosphate Terminal, 1977. In early-1966, Occidental Agricultural Chemicals Corporation opened a $3 million automated phosphate rock, triple superphosphate, and diammonium phosphate...

Barnett National Bank Building | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Barnett National Bank Building

William Boyd Barnett In the heart of the Central Business District in Downtown Jacksonville, FL stands an 18-story building once proudly known as the Barnett National Bank Building in all its former...

Laura Street Trio | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Laura Street Trio

Marble Bank The Laura Street Trio is a group of three historic buildings located at the corner of Forsyth and Laura Streets in downtown Jacksonville. The Trio consists of two skyscrapers, the Florida...

Jacksonville Jewish Center | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jacksonville Jewish Center

  The front entrance of the building Next to the Horace Drew Mansion in Springfield lies the old Jacksonville Job Corps Center. The building started out as a synagogue and community center when five...

Duval County Armory | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Duval County Armory

Duval County Armory A postcard depicting the old Duval County Armory and Courthouse. Both were destroyed in the Great Fire of 1901. Abandoned Atlas Archives The Duval County Armory was constructed in...

Claude Nolan Cadillac Building | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Claude Nolan Cadillac Building

  Undated photograph of the Claude Nolan Cadillac building The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building on Main Street was originally designed by Henry J. Klutho, famous in northeast Florida for his Prairie...

Public School No. 8 | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Public School No. 8

  The school has been closed since 2005 Known today as Public School No. 8, it first opened its doors in 1909 originally as Graded Springfield School. Though it’s uncertain who designed the building...

Jones Brothers Furniture Company | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jones Brothers Furniture Company

Jones Brothers Furniture Co. The Jones Brothers Furniture Company was founded in 1902, following the boom that occurred after the Great Fire of 1901. It was owned by W. G. and Michael K. Jones, who...

Independent Life Building | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Independent Life Building

View looking at the construction of the Independent Life and Accident Insurance Company home office building. State Library and Archives of Florida Standing at 19-stories and 260 feet tall, the...

Moulton & Kyle Funeral Home | Photo © 2016 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Moulton & Kyle Funeral Home

The exterior of the undertaker and marble dealer business of Byron E. Oak, once located at 25 Laura Street, c. 1870 Located near downtown Jacksonville, the history of the city’s first funeral...

Park View Inn | Photo © 2009 YourMainParadox

Park View Inn

Heart of Jacksonville At the corner of Main and State Streets in Jacksonville sits the remnants of the Park View Inn, previously one of the city’s premier lodging destinations. It began life as...

Public School Number Four | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Public School Number Four

  Public School Number Four Also known as Annie Lytle School, Public School Number Four was originally a small wooden schoolhouse built in 1891 called Riverside Park School. Due to a population...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer