• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Central Florida

Lundy's Cave | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lucky Lundy’s Cave

Flashlights illuminate the dark passages of Lundy’s Cave Lundy’s Cave was a show cave that was a byproduct of an attempt to search for money that was said to have been thrown into a...

Nancy House | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Nancy House

  An old photograph, probably of a family member, sits among boxes, books, and nicknacks up in the attic. Of all the places I’ve photographed throughout the years, homes will forever be some of...

Florida Hospital Oceanside | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Florida Hospital Oceanside

  The power remained on for over a year, long after the hospital was shut down. Florida Hospital Oceanside was a hospital that served the city of Ormond Beach. The hospital specialized in...

Island Grove Methodist Church | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Island Grove Methodist Church

  The church was built around 1885 with some of the original pews built out of tree stumps. The small town of Island Grove was established in 1882 by W.J. Moore and built the first post office there...

Desert Inn | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Desert Inn

Jackass Crossing The Desert Inn dates back to the 1800s when it was just a small depot and trading post for local cowboys and lumberjacks. The current building was built in 1898. At the time, there...

World of Orchids | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

A World of Orchids

The ‘World of Orchids’ sign that welcomed passersby and visitors. World of Orchids was a working greenhouse located in Kissimmee. It included over thousands of orchids, including rare and...

Majesty Building | Photo © 2019 Bullet

Majesty Building

The Majesty Building as seen from across the I-4 highway The Majesty Building is an 18-story structure located off of Interstate 4 in Altamonte Springs. Claud Bowers, president, and CEO of the...

House of Familicide | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

House of Familicide

  The home was built in the 1920s on a large plot of land in East Palatka This house in East Palatka is rumored to have been the site of a familicide when the father lost his job and fearing he could...

A Glorious Church | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

A Glorious Church

  First Baptist Church, 1920s. Courtesy of the State Archives of Florida. The First Baptist Church congregation built its first church at the corner of E. Tarpon and Ring Avenues. Dr. Dee Diamandis...

Nichols Phosphate Mine | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Nichols Phosphate Mine

  Nichols plant’s wet bin where rail cars bring in the wet phosphate, 1910s – State Archives of Florida The town of Nichols was constructed in 1905 by the Nichols Phosphate Mining Company...

11133229115 95fe46ee9f z

G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital

  Major George Ola in a Stearman biplane trainer over Carlstrom Field, 1942 The G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital is a former psychiatric hospital located on the grounds of the former Carlstrom...

Jackson Rooming House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Jackson Rooming House

  The building has a large number of supports to prevent it from collapsing The Jackson Rooming House located in Tampa began as a six-room cottage built by Moses and Sarah Jackson in 1901. Due to its...

Summit Charter School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Summit Charter School

Central Florida Christian School The old Summit Charter School was built in 1983 as the Central Florida Christian Church for the Citadel of Faith and Freedom. The Citadel of Faith and Freedom was...

Placid Tower | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

The Placid Tower

  Postcard featuring the Placid Tower, circa 1960s When Earnest Oakley Hunt moved to Orlando from Colorado in 1938, he dreamed of building an observation tower. After relocating to Sebring in 1947...

El Jobean Grand Hotel | Photo © 20122 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

El Jobean Hotel

The Town of Southland The El Jobean Hotel is a historic hotel built in the town of El Jobean, located in what was once part of Manatee County. The area located on the northeast bank of the Myakka...

Lee School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedfl.com

Lee School

Lee School Lee School, also known as Leesburg High School and later known as the Lee Adult Education Center, is a historic school in Leesburg. The first schools in Leesburg were private institutions...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer