Anderson’s Corner

Anderson’s Corner was the only store around to purchase goods. The years between 1910 and 1920 saw Dade County’s population quadruple in size. The landscape was quickly evolving from deserted wetland swamps to rows of fields as rudimentary roads and auspicious homesteaders found their way south. Draining the lowlands provided ample opportunities for agricultural endeavors and it was not long before extensive development was underway. Because... Read More