In 1914 a train station was established here, several miles north of Fort Drum along the Kissimmee Valley Extension of the Florida East Coast Railroad. It was given the name Osowaw, a Seminole Indian word meaning “bird”. It was a citrus town, with many orange and tangerine groves. It had a steady and growing population due to the railroad, including by 1921 it’s own public school. The end came about when the rail line was abandoned. Most of the residents left the area, and Osowaw Junction went back to citrus groves and scattered farms.
The farm house collapsed in 2011 due to strong winds as a cold front was moving through Florida.