Jones Brothers Furniture Company was founded in 1902, following the boom that occurred after the Great Fire of 1901. It was owned by W. G. and Michael K. Jones, who employed their younger brother R. L. Jones to work in the store.
By 1910, R. L. Jones started a rival company, Standard Furniture. In 1926, he developed this building, one story taller than his brothers’ six story building, to house his prospering business. The building was constructed out of reinforced concrete and features Mediterranean Revival detailing at its upper level, as well as originally having a suspended canopy over the main entrance.
Later, his sons bought purchased his older brother’s Jones Furniture Company and merged the two companies together.